Instructions on how to make a simple Slow Cooked Bacon and Green Bean Risotto with Pesto using the slow cooker.
Slow Cooked Bacon and Green Bean Risotto with Pesto Ingredients
- 1oz (25g) butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 chopped cloves of garlic
- 8oz (250g) of risotto rice
- 3 oz (75g) diced pancetta or smoked bacon (optional)
- 2 ¼ pints (1.2 litres) hot vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons of pesto (you can make pesto in a Nutribullet)
- 4oz (125g) frozen green beans
- 4oz (125g) frozen peas
- Salt and pepper
Method for cooking Slow Cooked Bacon and Green Bean Risotto with Pesto1. Add the butter and oil into saucepan – heat and add the onion. Keep stirring and fry for 5 minutes or until it is soft and just beginning to brown.
2. Stir in the garlic and rice, cooking for a further minute. Add the bacon and stir until it is cooked.
3. Add 2 pints of vegetable stock, season with salt and pepper and heat until it is boiling.
4. Transfer all the above into the slow cooker. Cook on low with the lid on for 120 minutes.
5. Then stir in the pesto and add the rest of the vegetable stock if more liquid is required.
6. Place the frozen beans and peas on top of the rice.
7. With the lid on cook for a further twenty to thirty minutes.
8. Serve with cheese.