This sweet and spicy vegan stir-fry can be adapted depending on taste and availability. You could just use up vegetables you already have in your fridge – or vegetable food box. Add in or take out things people do and do not like. Our children do not like mushrooms but I think it would taste great with them added!
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup of pine nuts or cashews (or even try a mix of the two!)
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
Sweet and Spicy Vegan Stir-Fry Vegetables
- 1 medium broccoli – maybe you could use cauliflower (as an addition or alternative)
- Bell peppers
- Sliced carrots
Add as many or as little vegetables as you wish. Obviously you will need one at the very least!!
- Chopping board
- Measuring spoons
How to Cook Sweet and Spicy Vegan Stir-Fry
- Prepare your vegetables into bite sized pieces.
- Heat some oil in the wok and cook the vegetables until lightly golden. You may opt to just do this for some of the vegetables – giving different textures.
- Add the soy sauce and cook on low for a short while.
- Next add some water and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Once the water has evaporated add the cayenne pepper, salt & pepper and maple syrup.
- Add water to a pan and cook your noodles for the time stated on the packet. One nest per person usually is about the right amount.
- Turn up the heat on the wok to medium/high and cook for 2-3 minutes. Make sure that you keep stirring however, or it will burn.
- Add your choice of nuts and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Again ensuring you are stirring constantly.
- Drain the noodles and either mix them in the wok or serve on to the plate with the Sweet and Spicy Vegan Stir-Fry.
Also of interest:
Bug, Bird & Bee: How to Go Vegan as a Family
Plutionium Sox: 8 Tips for Veganuary Success
Mum of Three World: Tips for Veganuary