Step into your worst Frightmare this Halloween
Locals will know that Frightmare at Over Farm, Gloucester is a spine-tingling place to visit at Halloween. Now in its sixteenth year it is the south west’s largest Halloween scare festival.
In the daytime there is lots of family fun with Spookyard – which runs through October Half term (Saturday 21-Sunday 29 October | 10am-4pm). Entry ticket price includes one go each on the 6 attractions, shows to watch and a pumpkin to take home.
The Spookyard Attractions include:
- Tractor trailer ride to find your perfect pumpkin – with a chance to win £20 if you find a blue pumpkin! Then with designs and tools provided children can carve in the dedicated pumpkin carving marquee.
- For big kids and small they will love the Quad Train Ride.
- Caged – the scary indoor maze.
- Corn Cannon – if you can hit the targets with the corn then you win a prize.
- Scarecrow Trail – with clues to follow around the farm (with friendly animals along the way) this adventure can also win you a prize!
The Spookyard shows are:
- The Scream Team Show at 11:30am and 3:30pm
- Mr WOW amazing bubbles and balloons at 12:30pm
- Fancy Dress Parade – with a treat for all those who dress up as well as a prize for the winner 12:45pm
- Roaming Reptiles – which you can hold if you are brave enough 1:30-2:30pm
- Chainsaw Carving – which the expert carve spooky wood sculptures with a chainsaw 2:30-3:30pm.
Prices for Spookyard are £7 for those aged 2-4years; £11 for those aged 5-13 years and £7 for adults (14 and over). Under 2s are free but will not receive a pumpkin. Book online and save £7 when you buy four Spookyard tickets together. A limited number of tickets will be available to buy on the gate on the day.
Frightmare – After Dark at Overfarm
After dark you will venture into the darkest recesses of your mind this Halloween. The Frightmare event at Overfarm brings together five heart-stopping live-action role play scenes, to provide a fully immersive experience that is all trick, no treat: Wonderland (new for 2017), The Haunted Hayride: Corn of the Dead, The Offering: Feast, Séance: House of Demons, and Caged: The Awakening.
This range of attractions invite guests to lose their inhibitions at the door and succumb to their biggest, jumpiest fears! From a journey into Wonderland, the depths of a disease-infested prison to the discovery of an infamous Victorian séance site, there are plenty of exciting ways to scare your socks off. Remember once you are in, you are in though! And must keep walking forwards! It is advised that everyone is at least over the age of twelve, and any under 14s will need supervising by an adult with a full paying ticket.
Tickets can be booked online and the price is dependent on the date of your experience and the number of tickets you wish to purchase. Prices range from £17-£27 and the event takes place on 17 nights throughout October (starting on the 6th) with Preview night on Saturday September 30th 2017.
Slightmare at Overfarm
For those who are too old for the Spookyard but not quite ready for Frightmare (or just too scared) there is Slightmare. This is just for one evening only on Monday 23rd with a toned down performance from the live actors. This is £11 per person and shows are at 18:30, 19:00 and 19:30.
Book now at frightmare.co.uk.
Facebook @Frightmare / Twitter @ofm_frightmare / Instagram @frightmare_over_farm.