Family life can be crazy and time seems to be something that everyone is short of. As a family we are guilty of being slack with eating properly and relying on convenience foods because we just don’t have the time or the energy to prepare, cook and clean up after a decent meal. What we really need to do is be more efficient with our time and really utilise the freezer more. I was asked to demonstrate how Bacofoil® The Non-Stick Kitchen Foil and Bacofoil® All Purpose Zipper® Bags could help make meal times easier for families and felt this was the perfect opportunity to stop and reassess things. After some thought I came up with the idea for Chicken and Vegetable Noodles.
Bacofoil® is perfect for people of any age who enjoy preparing delicious food any time. This simple recipe is ideal for those of all ages – but especially the young and old, who may otherwise struggle to remove stuck on food.
Chicken and Vegetable Noodles
Obviously you can use vegetables of your choice but I used:
- 1 handful of broccoli florets
- 1 handful peppers sliced or chopped (colors of choice)
- 1 sliced courgette
- 1 sliced carrot
- Tomatoes sliced into large chunks
- Handful of chopped onions
- Noodles or Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- cheese optional
Preparing the Vegetables with Bacofoil® All Purpose Zipper® Bags
As a family we have so many things to juggle around tea time but still like to eat together, which often creates a very small window of opportunity. Bacofoil® All Purpose Zipper® Bags are perfect for families like us, who struggle with time in the week, as they can help with advanced preparation.
The Bacofoil® All Purpose Zipper® Bags are a handy stand-alone base which are easy to fill and store; they are high quality, tear proof and water-resistant; with a zip tight seal (which ensures no leaks or mess) and are suitable for freezing. I have previously written about how Bacofoil® All Purpose Zipper® Bags are good for reducing food waste by using them as containers to freeze things – this means that vegetables can prepared in advanced (when there’s more time) and either kept in the Bacofoil® All Purpose Zipper® Bags in the fridge or freezer until required. This also makes it easier if there are a variety of different tastes – as just a few vegetables at a time can be used. The zip tight seal of Zipper® closes easily and safely, protecting the taste and freshness of food.
Bacofoil® The Non-Stick Kitchen Foil with BacoLift®
Bacofoil® The Non-Stick Kitchen Foil – No Sticking, No Cleaning, No Worries.
Obviously if food does not stick to trays then time is going to be saved on cleaning: Well that is exactly what Bacofoil® The Non-Stick Kitchen Foil does with its unique BacoLift® surface. There is no need to use oil or butter either – making it the healthier option. Plus, because the food does not stick then holes aren’t created when you simply lift the food off – meaning that oil and grease from the food will not run onto the tray. This also means that it will not damage the tray itself. With food looking and tasting as it should then it is not surprising that it could be utilised as an everyday essential. We have used Bacofoil® The Non-Stick Kitchen Foil to cover the roast chicken (which stops it spitting over the oven), for the boys’ sticky cookies (stopping them sticking to the tray) and underneath Yorkshire puddings without using any oil – making them a healthier option – plus saving on time on not having to pick any food off the tray and on washing up – because the tray will just need a quick wipe over.
Method for Chicken and Vegetable Noodles with Bacofoil®
- Step 1: On a day when you have time prepare the vegetables and seal them in Bacofoil® All Purpose Zipper® Bags to keep them fresh until you are ready to use them.
- Step 2: Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Step 3: Combine all ingredients, apart from the noodles, together in a Bacofoil® All Purpose Zipper® Bag.
- Step 4: Cut and lay out two 12×12 inch (app.) squares of Bacofoil® The Non-Stick Kitchen Foil (cook on the non-shiny side) on a sheet pan.
- Step 5: Take the mixture from the Bacofoil® All Purpose Zipper® Bags and split in two – placing one half each on to the Bacofoil® The Non-Stick Kitchen Foil. Next gently fold the Bacofoil® The Non-Stick Kitchen Foil around the ingredients to form a tight seal.
- Step 6: Bake for 20 minutes; ensuring that the chicken has been cooked through. Slide from the Bacofoil® The Non-Stick Kitchen Foil into a bowl.
- Step 7: Cook noodles as per instructions and serve together.
- Step 8: Optional sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Twitter: @ilovebacofoil
- Instagram: @lovebacofoil
This is a collaborative post.