Getting outdoors gives a boost to your mental and physical well-being. To encourage this myself and Becky decided what better Instagram Community to create than one that enjoys getting outdoors and feeling happy. Now over 5,000 pictures have linked up on the #OutdoorsandHappy hashtag on Instagram and the community continues to grow stronger and stronger.
We welcome all sorts of outdoor pictures – from nature, to outdoor play – even to people who are showing us what fun outdoor activities they have on offer. If it helps get you outside and feel happy then share it with us!
Did you know that getting outdoors can have benefits? Here are some of the things I found it to help with:
- Improving short-term memory
- Better for thinking skills
- Improves creativity
- Gives more energy
- Relieves stress
- Keeps you healthy (by reducing inflammation)
- Gives the immune system a boost
- It’s beneficial to the eyes (reduces the risk of developing myopia/nearsightedness)
So going by my previous pics today you were probably expecting to see my dinner 😂 well that was the plan but I was struck down with a migraine after lunch and I've been in bed since. For dinner I just had chips (the only vegan thing Clayton can cook) so I thought this pic from earlier might be cuter. Look at Finn's leg 😂
- Improves concentration
- Has possible anti-cancer effects!
- Particularly good for mental health (especially depression and anxiety)
- Great for reducing a bad mood
- Reduces the risk of early death
- Outside has lower levels of pollutants
- Increases Vitamin D levels
- Increases benefits for workouts due to changes in weather and terrains
Everyday we walk on the beach and watch the ice melting. Today there is just little ice left 🙂 Soon Mimi can go swimming, she likes it so much. Rgds from espoo finland! #iceonthesea #iceandsun #outdoorsandhappy #outdoors #our_everyday_moments #natureloversgallery #naturephotography #dogs #dogstagram #goldenretreaversofinstagram #goldensofinstagrams #ilovemydoggie #mydog🐶
- Has healing effects (have you ever tried swimming in the water of a fountain!)
- Children get more exercise by playing outdoors – reducing obesity, type 2 diabetes, asthma, vitamin D deficiency and (apparently) ADHD
- Improves sleep
- Relieves pain
- Improve your outlook
- Strengthens immunity
Every week myself and Becky pick our favourite picture from the week and share it with our followers. As you can see from the examples in this post it is no easy task! Becky is also going to be featuring her favourites on her blog Simple Parenting too – so we are hoping to expand the community even further. We thank all of you who make it such a wonderful community so far and if you haven’t already joined in we would love to see you over on Instagram, or linking up with Becky. Enjoying being #OutdoorsandHappy.