DreamToys have unveiled this year’s top toys for Christmas. With the cost of living crisis and rising inflation budget has been kept in mind as part of the selection criteria. Making Christmas affordable. However, as it is more important than ever to watch what we spend I have had a quick look around to find the best price on the predicted most sought after toys this Christmas.
As well as the usual top 12 Dream Toys there’s actually lists including 72 toys! This means there’s definitely something for everyone and budget. This post is just going to focus on the Top 12 DreamToys for Christmas 2022. Cashback through Swagbucks links are my referral links. No others are.
About DreamToys Top Toys for Christmas
Selected by an independent panel of retailers and toy experts, the DreamToys list is the most authoritative predictive list of what items will be the most sought after this Christmas.
DreamToys Top 12 2022
The Top Toys are listed in alphabetically as they are not selected in any particular order. All prices quoted as RRPs, market price may vary from retailer to retailer.
|Barbie Cutie Reveal Doll||Mattel UK||£32.99|
|Gabby’s Purrfect Dollhouse||Spin Master Toys UK||£79.99|
|Heroes of Goo Jit Zu Goo Shifters Hero Pack||Character Options||£10.99|
|GiGi the Giraffe||Character Options||£27.99|
|Little Live Pets – Mama Surprise||MooseToys||£64.99|
|Magic Mixies Mixlings Magic Castle Playset||MooseToys||£29.99|
|PAW Patrol Big Truck Pups Themed Vehicles||Spin Master Toys UK||£17.99|
|Pokémon Elite Trainer Box||Asmodee UK||£42.50|
|Rainbow High Series 4 Fashion Doll||MGA Entertainment||£31.99|
|Sink N’ Sand Game||Spin Master Toys UK||£19.99|
|Original 7.5” Squishmallows||Jazwares||£7.99|
|LEGO Star Wars Hoth AT-ST||LEGO Company||£44.99|
Prices of the 12 Top Toys
The average RRP of the Top 12 Toys for Christmas is £34.37. The most expensive is Spin Master Toys UK’s Gabby’s Purrfect Dollhouse with a RRP of £79.99. In contrast, Jazwares Original 7.5” Squishmallows has a RRP of only £7.99. Plus eight of the twelve Top Toys come under £35.
Where to Find the 12 Top Toys at the Best Price
When considering the price I also factored in postage – so looking at the total cost. We are also Amazon Prime members so I am not entirely sure if prices are different if not. Obviously if you are buying other things from places and therefore the postage is already covered it may work out cheaper for you to get them elsewhere.
Starting from the highest RRP:
- Gabby’s Purrfect Dollhouse £79.99 – I couldn’t find it anywhere cheaper at present. However, ASDA had the most cashback with Swagbucks at 7%.
- Little Live Pets – Mama Surprise £64.99 – again it’s no cheaper than the RRP anywhere at present but Selfridges had the highest Swagbucks cashback with 5%.
- LEGO Star Wars Hoth AT-ST £44.99 – LEGO is always notoriously hard to get money off, especially LEGO Star Wars, which is why I was surprised that there was such a substantial saving at the Sainsbury’s Toy Sale this year. It was great to therefore find this LEGO Star Wars toy for only £35.99 for Amazon Prime members with FREE delivery
- Pokémon Elite Trainer Box £42.50 Now this one I think you have to be really careful with because there’s so many different types of Pokémon Elite Trainer Box – not to be confused with Pokémon Go also! I checked the image to make sure I was looking for the right one! Best I could find was £37.99 from Very.
Top 12 Toys with a RRP Under £35
- Barbie Cutie Reveal Doll £32.99 There’s currently a discounted on at Amazon for £30.79.
- Rainbow High Series 4 Fashion Doll £31.99. This one will depend on whether a certain character is wanted. Best place again seems to be Amazon at £23.99.
- Magic Mixies Mixlings Magic Castle Playset £29.99. Amazon again for Prime members at £24.
- GiGi the Giraffe £27.99 ASDA £22 also with 7% Swagbucks back on top.
- Sink N’ Sand Game £19.99 Cheapest is Wilko if you wish to find it in store at £16.50 – otherwise it is Amazon, as Wilko works out more with delivery.
- PAW Patrol Big Truck Pups Themed Vehicles £17.99 Again it’s Amazon at £16.99.
- Heroes of Goo Jit Zu Goo Shifters Hero Pack £10.99. Again this is another one of those Toys whereby it depends which character you want. Cheapest I found once again is on Amazon for £5.
- Original 7.5” Squishmallows £7.99. Yet again price depends on which one you want. Unfortunately I was unable to find any as cheap as the RRP of £7.99! Best I could do was Amazon once again with a buy 4 save 5% on them – with a price of £8.99 each.
These prices are correct at time of publication. Please if you notice any changes, especially better options then do add it in the comments. It really is a time when we all need to pull together, especially where children are concerned.
Disclosure, I have previously worked with some of the above mentioned Toy Companies but have not been commissioned to write this post, nor have I received any financial compensation.