- Measuring Scales
- Frying pan
- 2 Saucepans
- Baking tray
- Kitchen towel
For the Chicken
1 pack of chicken breasts
1 pack of bacon
4 0z of grated cheddar cheese
For the fresh herbed pasta
300 ml Double cream
Handful of fresh chives and parsley
Dill (preferably fresh)
salt and pepper
Pasta (recipe states 125 g but you may need to adjust this depending on the size of your family).
For the sautéed broccoli
1 oz butter
splash of water
- Grate the cheese and cut the chicken into small pieces (it helps it cook quicker).
- Fry the chicken in some olive oil until all the chicken changes colour.
- Place the chicken on some kitchen towel to take off any excess oil.
- Lay out the bacon and sprinkle on some grated cheese then wrap around the cooked chicken. Secure (I ran out of foil which I assume is more ideal, but am using grease proof paper).
5. Place on a baking tray and cook in the oven (I have a fan oven and am cooking at 180) for 15-20 minutes – or until you can “smell” that the bacon is cooked.
6. Boil the pasta. Whilst this is cooking, add the cream and the garlic in another saucepan; bring this to the boil and then remove from the heat. Add the herbs & seasonings (salt & pepper). Drain the cooked pasta and stir into the other pan with the creamy garlic.
7. For the broccoli, heat the olive oil and butter in a frying pan, add the broccoli and a splash of water and sauté ( fry lightly in fat in a shallow open pan) for three minutes.
8. Serve by placing the pasta on the plate and the broccoli on the side, with the chicken on the top.