Character Options Teksta Newborn Robotic Kitty is just like a kitten of 8 weeks old. It is so small it can fit in the palm of your hand 13x 9.2 x 12.9 (cms). This micro robotic pet is for ages 3 and over (recommended 4-8 years) so the size is just perfect for those little hands.
Teksta Newborn Robotic Kitty requires no feeding, or cleaning/cat litter tray – it just requires 2 x AAA batteries (not included). It is easy to get started by a flick of the on/off switch and the eyes light up and the kitty purrs and sings. An instruction booklet is provided complete with both written and illustrated instructions explaining how to teach the Teksta Newborn Kitty to jump, beg and sing: However, I think that it is simple enough to use that children can get the hang of it by just playing. Teksta Newborn Kitty can also walk, the ears, legs and tail can be moved, but are robust enough for small hands. Teksta Newborns can also interact with other Teksta toys
- The Teksta Newborn Kitty must be put in the correct position with the legs pushed forwards (but not over pushed).
- Push and HOLD the JUMP (left button) on top of the Kitty’s head unil you hear the “do” sound.
- Place your hand in front of the Kitty.
- Speak to the Kitty and it will jump into the palm of your hand.
- Move Kitty’s leg BACK.
- Place Kitty on the floor or table sitting down.
- Talk to Kitty or Clap your hands.
- Kitty will react by meowing, standing up, or both.
- Move Kitty’s leg all the way to the front (do not over push)
- PRESS and HOLD the SING (right button) until you hear the “do” sound.
- Speak to Kitty or Clap.
- Kitty will now sing a song for you.
Thoughts on The Teksta Newborn robotic Kitty
The Teksta Newborn robotic Kitty is very sweet and a perfect introduction to Teksta toys for younger children. The one downfall I would say of the Teksta Newborn Robotic Kitty is that it is pink, I know that people will argue that both boys and girls can have pink but I do feel that there is a suggestion that kittens are for girls and puppies (the Teksta Newborn Robotic Puppy is blue) are for boys. However, I think it has a real charming appeal, and despite its colour will appeal to both boys and girls. Overall I thought that the Teksta Newborn Kitty was simple to use and easy to hold. In fact I had more of a problem catching it with my big hands than did my son with much smaller hands. As a parent I like that it does not take up much space or leave a mess. My younger two boys (ages 6 & 8) both enjoyed playing with the Teksta Newborn and I think it is great value for money.
I was sent a The Teksta Newborn robotic Kitty for purposes of review, all words and opinions are my own.