Anyone who has ever known me will find it as no surprise that I like dancing. It is in fact the thing that helps me get through things. I remember dancing all by myself at 2 years old to the birdie song on the dance floor. Then a love of The Sound of Music whilst my big brother held up my net curtain veil. Throughout my teens it won me many prizes including family holidays. So when I heard that Team Honk wanted us to dance this year to help raise funds for Comic Relief there was no question about it. Next I heard that it was at Wembley and some big names would be there – I was so excited.
It actually got me to thinking about inspirational people/dancers and so I asked:
Past or Present who would you most like to dance with?
- My Nanna, she was the lift and soul of the party. She was always up on the dance floor and made sure that she’d had a least one dance with all her grandchildren – www.polkadotfamily.com
- Johnny (Patrick Swayze) from Dirty Dancing please!!!!! http:///www.mummymishaps.co.uk
- Ohh I really am not a dancer so I’d like to dance with amazing dancers to teach me. Gene Kelly from the past and I’d wear bobby sox to match him, and a gorgeous 50s dress. Ohh and present James Jordan who reminds me of Wolverine (yum) and I’d be in a flapper dress learning the Charleston ttp://theanamumdiary.co.uk
- Gene Kelly. Or John Travolta.www.domesticgoddesque.com
- Fred Astaire and in present day may have a little dance with Ed Sheeran – http://family-budgeting.co.uk/
- From the past (sort of!) John Travolta (in his Grease and Saturday Night Fever days!) and from the present, Vincent Simone because I’d love to learn the Argentine tango! – http://www.richmondmummy.com/
- Patrick Swayze but only if he gives this baby her space – http://hpmcq.com/
- Freddie Mercury from the past (more of a strut than a dance!) and Ashley Banjo now – http://mumofthreeworld.com/
- Smoothie Frank Sinatra from the past and I’d love a dance with bad boy Johnnie Depp – http://marisworld.co.uk/
- I’d like to dance with my husband. The last time we did was at our wedding. Since then he’s always found an excuse to avoid going on to a dance floor with me. Quite sad. I love dancing. – http://beingmrsc.com/
- Fearne cotton.Or lady gaga! For the past, Ermm Freddie Mercury – http://anewadditionblog.co.uk/
- Adam Garcia from the present and Fred Astaire from the past!! – http://chelseamamma.co.uk/
- Frank Sinatra. So I can do it my (his) way. The song means a lot to me. And for present. Liv Tyler so I can talk about the films she’s been in. – http://juliesnotebook.co.uk/
I would really have loved to dance with Michael Jackson and he could have taught me some of his moves. He played such a massive part in influencing how I move. Present I would love to dance with Jessie J. I don’t know there’s just something about her, and I think that she would make me feel better about myself (even though I can’t really dance as well as I’d like to and need to remember my inhaler as I am likely to have an asthma attack!)
If you would like to join in then there’s still time. Visit: http://teamhonk.org/fundraising/how-to-join-the-teamhonkdanceathon-for-red-nose-day/ for more information.
In the meantime I am trying to raise some sponsorship so save up your pennies and watch this comical video of me putting make-up on.