This is called Kat’s Pasta as opposed to Bacon and tomato, or Chicken and Bacon Pasta because the recipe was given to me by my friend Kat – who is an excellent cook and this (to me anyway) is her signature dish.
She was drunk one night and I got her to write it down lol.
It can be made really cheaply (especially if you just use bacon and not chicken) and quickly (approx half an hour). Best of all was that each and every member of my family (6 of us) liked and ate it.
1. Boil the pasta
2. Put chopped bacon (& chicken breasts if desired) into a pan.
3. Add 1 tin of chopped and blended tomatoes (I admit I didn’t bother to blend and it worked ok).
4. Add half a jar of Green Pesto.
5. Add some double cream and cook off.
6. Add the cooked pasta
7. Place in a tray and sprinkle with cheese.
8. Melt the cheese under the grill.
9. Serve and enjoy.
Note: I adapted it by adding mushrooms I had to bulk it out