I made these Christmas Tree Decorations with my two youngest children and I would say that they are almost mess free, suitable for toddlers and really allow the imagination to be utilised.
Materials needed for a Christmas Tree Decoration
- Screwball ice-cream containers (empty and washed – what an excuse to eat ice-cream!)
- Crete paper – or any other paper, fabric or material in as many shades of green as you wish.
- Tree decorating materials (tape, stickers, pom-poms, glitter, etc)
- Decoration hanger (can be cotton, string, etc)
Making a Christmas Tree Decoration
- Simply glue the paper to the cone. I found using small amounts worked best, and overlapping slightly, using different shades for added texture.
- Put on a “topper” – we used stars.
- Apply what will be the “tinsel”
- Add your tree decorations.
- Attach something to hang it on the tree.